Research and development
2dSearch is the product of an R&D program combining novel techniques from the fields of data visualization, artificial intelligence and natural language processing. We are proud to have been awarded multiple grants for research and development from Innovate UK. We work closely with the academic community, and have ongoing collaborations with Essex University, Glasgow University and City University London. A selection of recent scholarly papers is shown below.
- T.G. Russell-Rose and Phil Gooch "2dSearch: a visual approach to search strategy formulation", Proceedings of DESIRES: Design of Experimental Search & Information REtrieval Systems, Bertinoro, Italy, 28-31 August 2018
- T.G. Russell-Rose "Think Outside the Search Box: a Visual Approach to Query Formulation", Proceedings of 32nd Human Computer Interaction Conference, Belfast, Northern Ireland, July 2018
- T.G. Russell-Rose & J. Chamberlain “Expert Search Strategies: The Information Retrieval Practices of Healthcare Information Professionals“, J. JMIR Medical Informatics. 2017; 5(4): e33. doi:10.2196/medinform.7680
- Zachary Bennett, Tony Russell-Rose, Kate Farmer. “A scalable approach to legal question answering“, Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Law, London, UK, June 12 – 16, 2017
- Tony Russell-Rose and Paul Clough, “Mining search logs for usage patterns”, In M. Hofmann and A. Chisholm (Eds.), Text Mining and Visualization: Case Studies Using Open-Source Tools, Chapman and Hall/CRC, 2016
- T.G. Russell-Rose & J. Chamberlain “Searching for talent: The information retrieval challenges of recruitment professionals”, Business Information Review, Vol. 33(1) 40–48, March 2016
- Tony Russell-Rose and Jon Chamberlain, “Real-world expertise retrieval: The information seeking behaviour of recruitment professionals”. Proceedings of 38th European Conference on Information Retrieval, Padua, Italy, 20-23 March 2016
- Phil Gooch and Abdul Roudsari. 2012. Lexical patterns, features and knowledge resources for coreference resolution in clinical notes. J. of Biomedical Informatics 45, 5 (October 2012), 901-912
- Tony Russell-Rose and Tyler Tate, “Designing the Search Experience: the Information Architecture of Discovery“. Morgan Kaufmann, December 2012
- Phil Gooch, Abdul Roudsari; Computerization of workflows, guidelines, and care pathways: a review of implementation challenges for process-oriented health information systems, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, Volume 18, Issue 6, 1 November 2011, Pages 738–748
- T.G. Russell-Rose and M. Stevenson “Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval”, In Goker, Graham and Davies (Eds.) Information Retrieval: Searching in the 21st Century, 2009.